Last night while making dinner, I went out to my garden to pick a little rosemary and look what I found!!!
The first tomato is beginning to grow! I was so excited and had to share it with all of you. My first garden is turning out great! I cannot wait to be able to walk into my backyard and pick fresh vegetables! The herbs, I have already been using and are growing like crazy. I now have more basil, cilantro and rosemary than I know what to do with. I’ll keep you updated on the bell peppers and cucumbers as they begin to come in. Below is a recipe for Vegan Stuffed Peppers that I made. It will be great to make these from my fresh peppers when they come in 🙂
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
2 Red Bell Peppers
1/2 cup brown rice
3/4 cup lentils
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1. Cook the brown rice and lentils according to the package.
2. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Place on baking sheet and roast in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. (you can do this while the rice and lentils are cooking)
3. Combine cooked rice and lentils, tomato paste, garlic powder, basil, and red pepper flakes.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into each bell pepper half.
5. Top with marinara sauce and place peppers back in oven for another 20 minutes.
6. Top with additional marinara sauce if needed.
Makes 2 servings
I served the stuffed peppers with an easy side of carrots, cucumbers and hummus. The cool veggies on the side were nice to have with the slightly spicy stuffed peppers. This recipe is also super healthy with tons of fiber, protein and vitamins. Enjoy 🙂