In the past I have made Alicia Silverstone’s Crispy Peanut Butter Treats from her book, The Kind Diet. They are very good, but this time I decided to switch it up a bit and use Organic Honey Nut O Cereal instead of the Crisp Rice Cereal. I also chose to melt some vegan dark chocolate and drizzle it on top instead of stirring in the whole chocolate chips. Both ways are great and I would recommend trying both recipes. Or experiment with it and create one of your own! Really the mix-in options are endless with this recipe. Next time I think I might try using almond butter instead of peanut butter for a slightly different taste 🙂
Vegan Honey Nut O Bars
1 box Organic Honey Nut O Cereal
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Heat the brown rice syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat until it liquifies.
2. Stir in the peanut butter and continue stirring until well combined.
3. Pour the cereal into a large bowl and pour the peanut butter/brown rice syrup mixture over top.
4. Stir until all the cereal is coated.
5. Spread the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
6. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute (stir after one minute and continue heating if needed to melt the chocolate into a creamy mixture)
7. Drizzle the chocolate over the Honey Nut O bars and let cool
8. Cut and serve and enjoy!
These are a great alternative to the standard Rice Crispy Treat we all grew up with. They are vegan friendly, but will be enjoyed by everyone! These work great for roadtrips or for packing in kids lunches too! 🙂
Now that I’m done posting and my treats have cooled, I’m going to go cut into them. It was all I could do to not cut right into them without waiting for them to cool!
Have a nice evening everyone 😀