So yesterday, I showed you the leftover of what was an amazing meal. My lunch yesterday consisted of the rest of the Tempeh Asian Lettuce Wraps from the night before. I teased you with a
sad looking picture, but today I have the actual recipe to share with you 🙂
Tempeh Asian Lettuce Wraps (a Trehops original recipe)
1 package of tempeh
1 carrot shredded
1/2 package cabbage coleslaw mix
1 head of iceburg lettuce
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan, crumble tempeh and cook for 5 minutes.
2. After about 7 minutes add the shredded carrot, 2 tsps of soy sauce, 1 Tbsp of peanut sauce, and 1 Tbsp of hoisin sauce.
3. Simmer tempeh mixture for 7-10 minutes, until the carrot has softened and the flavors have combined.
4. While tempeh is cooking, wash the head of lettuce and gently peel away one layer at a time, making sure to let the lettuce retain its rounded shape. Set aside.
5. Add the coleslaw mix to the tempeh and continue to simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Take a piece of lettuce and scoop a portion of the tempeh into the leaf. I found that they were seasoned well and didn’t need any additional sauce, but feel free to add more of any of the three sauces before serving. Enjoy!
As usual with Tracey recipes, this one follows the line with being super easy to make and can be ready in no time at all. Great for quick dinner nights and fun to eat too! 😀
I also chose to serve the lettuce wraps with an asian soba noodle dish. Trader Joe’s has an amazing packaged soba noodle kit that complimented the wraps perfectly. The kit contains the soba noodles, premixed spices, and sauce. Just cook and serve! It had a bit of a kick to it, but it worked really well with this dish. If you’re near a Trader Joe’s I recommend checking it out (among a bazillion other things 😉 )
See you all later for a recap of Day 2 of the clean eating challenge!