These cookies are melt in your mouth delicious. Earth Balance replaces regular butter and cornstarch provides the soft, delicate texture this cookie deserves. One bite and you will see why they are rightfully named, Meltaways.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting on top
1 cup Earth Balance, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt and set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. After slightly cooled, dust cookies with powdered sugar. You can sprinkle them or gently roll them in the powdered sugar. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Sometimes at Christmas it’s nice to enjoy a little indulgence 🙂