I know it is January 3rd and many people have already spent their time evaluating the past year and are now ready to move on to the year ahead. I’m right there with them, however, first I would like to take a quick glance back at 2010 with you all.
As I took down the Christmas decorations today, I was left with a very empty living room. It left me thinking about what was still missing from my home, which led me to think about what was still missing from my life (my mind works in very odd ways). This same thought process led me to my New Year’s resolutions that I made, however, as I stood there in my bare-walled living room, I began to think about all that I have done in the past year. Sometimes I find that people are so quick to jump into a new year that they don’t take time to appreciate how they made it through, and all the things that were accomplished, in the previous year. So, for today’s post I would like to share some of my achievements from 2010 and I would love to hear some of yours!
1. Starting this blog. When Chris suggested last February that I begin blogging, I immediately tensed up. You mean write down my thoughts, feelings, and everyday ramblings for all to see?? This was completely out of my comfort zone, but I couldn’t be happier with it. Through blogging I have learned so much about myself and have been reintroduced to writing, which I love. I have been challenged in the kitchen, learned a little about photography (I need a DSLR!), and met a lot of other great bloggers in the process. I am so excited to see how my blog continues to grow in the coming year. Thank you to everyone who supports it and I hope you continue reading!
2. Taking on a vegan lifestyle. It definitely hasn’t always been easy, but, again, it forced me outside my comfort zone and I love the meals I have created 🙂
3. Quitting my job for happiness. This is a topic that I have been very hesitant to talk about and I may touch on it a bit more down the road, but a few months ago I decided to leave my job in search for something that made me happy. At times it has been tough as we tighten our budget and I spend countless hours applying to jobs, but I still see this as a positive for 2010. We spend the majority of our days at our job and I did not want to spend the majority of my life unhappy. So, I took a leap of faith and left. I have taken this opportunity to explore other areas of interest and I ended up learning so much about myself in the process. I have no regrets and I look forward to continuing my search for work that I love this year.
4. Traveling to Las Vegas for the first time 🙂
5. Giving a speech at my brother’s wedding. Nerve-racking, but so honored.
It’s easy to get caught up in the minutia of the day to day, but looking back you realize that things really weren’t so bad.
What was one of your big accomplishments of 2010?