We discovered a new peanut butter from Trader Joe’s. It may not be new, but it’s new to us. We’re going through a jar a week around here. Okay, I lied. I’m going through a jar a week. I try to pretend that those two jars didn’t disappear solely by my gluttonous ways, but let’s be honest here. It’s just so good. I don’t even know why it is so much better than the other Trader Joe’s peanut butter I have been buying, but it’s more peanut-y. That’s the only way I can describe it. Try some, you’ll understand.
Since I have literally been finding any excuse to eat this peanut butter, it was only a matter of time before I stopped shoveling it into my face by the spoonful, and made cookies. I don’t think anyone’s complaining 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan!)
Recipe was adapted from 101 Cookbooks
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine flours, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, agave nectar, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until well-combined and creamy.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until mixed well. I ended up having to mix the last little bit of flour in with my hands. Texture and firmness of the dough will depend on what type of peanut butter you use.
5. Place dough by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet. If dough is firm enough, roll into balls before placing onto baking sheet. Using a fork, make criss cross lines on top of cookie as you flatten them out slightly.
6. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Make sure not to over bake or you may end up with dry cookies.
These were pretty good. I recommend having a cold glass of almond milk handy 🙂 Enjoy!!