March has been welcomed with the changing of clocks, a few extra sunny days and a glimmer of hope that spring is around the corner. As everything begins to look a little brighter and greener, it can only mean one thing…St. Patrick’s Day is almost here!
If you’ve happened to overlook that this holiday is less than a week away, have no worries, I’ve taken care of rounding up a list of delicious goodies suitable for any last minute party or gathering. Slainte!
Bourbon Brownie Bites
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup bourbon of choice ( I use what I drink, which is typically Woodford Reserve)
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (could also use milk chocolate)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- green sprinkles
1.In a medium saucepan melt and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
3. In a small bowl stir together bourbon and coffee granules; set aside.
4.Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla and bourbon mixture.
5. In a small bowl (or your measuring cup) stir together flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Using the edges of the parchment paper, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan.
7. To make evenly square brownie bites, first trim edges and feel free to consume at your leisure. Next, cut brownies into 1- to 1-1/2-inch squares.
8. Chocolate Glaze: Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each. Once melted, stir in a tsp of coconut oil. Drizzle or coat brownies, top with green sprinkles and let set. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Thaw or bring to room temp before serving.